Monday, October 27, 2008

Yum, yum, yum!

I am just back from a fab dining experience. De Santos at 139 West 10th Street in the West Village, across from the over-hyped Bar Blanc. 212-206-9229. And around the corner from my daily cantina, Morandi.

Great price point, really terrific cooking. From the pasta rich with mussels (god, I sound like a hack food writer) to the lamb and the amazing swordfish (if I were still writing food reviews, I would have said something silly like "the luscious lamb dusted with breadcrumbs and the succulent, tender, and moist swordfish nestled on a bed of tender kale..." BARF, loathe that style of writing!), De Santos was charming, cheap, and chic. Roberto Polesello, one of the co-owners, ran Savanna's in Southampton for years and now oversees his own show... Kudos, really special.

Run. Now.

No comments: